Viva Wisconsin! I love you!

We Are All Badgers Now!

I was born and raised in Wisconsin – lived there for the first 22 years of my life, and now the whole country has turned their eyes to our little farming state full of corn fields, cows, and Amish folks. I miss it. I miss Wisconsin so bad that sometimes I’ll eat nothing but cheese for days. Brings me a little closer to home.

I just wanted to show my support for my fellow Wisconsinites. To the teachers and firefighters, the policeman and the rest of the middleclass union workers who have taken over the streets of Madison and to the thousands of supporters who have chosen to protest the treatment of their fellow man. You inspire me. I am there in spirit, walking beside you, and demanding fair treatment. I miss you all.

My feet may be in Texas, but my heart is in Wisconsin.

8 responses to “Viva Wisconsin! I love you!”

1. Where in WI are you from??? I’m from there too!!! Small world!!!

• Nikki says:

I’m from Delavan! Just south of Madison and just north of the Illinois border. I went to school in Ashland, WI on Lake Superior. Where are you from?

You just keep getting more and more cool, Jean. 😀

2. lisleman says:

Ok I know I don’t stop by you blog very often but this title caught my eye. I’m not sure this first battle will be won but if the movement can keep it together they should at least expose more of the big business influence on the right wingers. That prank phone call to the governor was an eye opener. all the best – oh a cheese strike – interesting

• Nikki says:

That prank call was amazing and awesome and I don’t know how people can hear it and not realize what a tremendous douche he is. I agree, I hope they keep the movement up. It seems to just get a stronger. 🙂

I’m trying to get back into blogging. It’s good to see a comment from you again!

3. Thanks for the great icon! says:

Thanks for creating this great image of Wisconsin as a solidarity fist! Great idea!
    If one picture is worth a thousand words, this picture is worth a million!
    I admire your bravery – I live in Japan these days, but I don’t think I could live in Texas. Not sure which culture would be more foreign to a Wisconsin girl……

• Nikki says:

Hi there! It is really cool artwork but I definitely didn’t create it. I don’t know who did but it’s the image that’s been being used in all sorts of articles and as Facebook profile images. Whoever made it did a really great job.

Aw man, yeah, Texas feels somewhat like a different country at times. Thankfully I’m in Austin where everyone is weird and awesome. They say Austin is it’s own state – it definitely doesn’t conform to the rest of Texas. I love it. 🙂 Someday I would love to go to Japan. That’s so cool you live there!

4. Meghan says:

Hi there! I’m the opposite of you: born and raised in Texas and living in Milwaukee now. I have been enjoying Wisconsin so much. Well, before the midterm elections and the subsequent trouble. And I’m a union member, so we’re really fighting.

Anyway, I love the WI fist. I’ve learned all about the Michigan Mitten, but this is so much better! Enjoy Texas! -Meghan in Milwaukee

5. Clara says:

Hi!
    My name is Clara and I study Advertising and PR in the University of Girona (Catalonia). We were asked to create a blog about whatever we wanted. I chose LGBT news as my topic. We were asked to get in touch with people who, in some way, were related to our blog and encourage them to comment our posts, follow us or add us on their blogrolls. As you will see it’s in Catalan, but there’s a translator in English which is quite reliable ^^ However, in some time I try to translate it myself 😉

I found your blog and I thought you could be interested 😉

Here’s the link:

I really hope you like it.
    Thanks for your time 😉