I generally don’t do a lot for this little holiday (other than scaring people on Twitter), but I thought I’d share with you a few places that DO tackle the day with humor and style.
01. Whole Foods Market: Organic Air for $6.99 for .02oz. You can get it in Original, Sea Breeze, Mountain Wind, and Salt and Vinegar.
02. Expedia.com: Flight to Mars now being booked for $99. Save over $3,000,000,000,000! Hurry, the sale only lasts 24 hours.
03. Youtube.com: Got some time to stand on your head and watch some Spotlight videos? It’s all the rage!
04. Gmail.com: Never write another email again! The Gmail Autopilot copies your style flawlessly and answers every email in a way you would sure to do so yourself.
06. Smashing Magazine: Internet Explorer 8 is up for release and Smashing Magazine has all the details. IE8, codename “Eagle Eye” is the world’s next famous browser!
07. Woot.com: While they seem to have been sold out, Woot’s Random Crap’s shipping savings made it an awesome buy – only $1,000,000 to be shipped anywhere!
08. Livejournal.com: LJ, one of the internet’s first blogging platforms, has decided to go Twitter on everyone and change the friend’s pages of their users! Now instead of just easy to read posts, you’ll become your friend’s stalker and learn every single detail about their internet life. How great is that?
09. Kodak.com: Kodak has developed a new camera. The EyeCamera makes you look an awesome cyborg and is a hit at parties!
10. MySwitzerland.com: Switzerland is offering a chance for a free vacation if you willingly sign up to be one of their Mountain Cleaners. Go dusts some hills!
11. Wii Nintendo: Kingdom Hearts III is going to be released on the Wii! (Actually, this isn’t funny. I wish.)
12. GameStop: Ever want to learn the secrets behind ventriloquists? GameStop now has the exclusive My Wii Buddy for all your doll-talking needs.
13. PizzaHut: Now the best pizza you can get is your own face! Upload your face, and PizzaHut will recreate it into a tasty tasty dish.
Have more that I missed? Comment and let me know. These were just some of my favorites. Happy Fool’s Day everyone!
Today has been a most awesome day. Let us recap, shall we?
First off, we spent the day at Ash’s grandparent’s house who I absolutely love. They seem pretty fond of me too and it was nice to just sit and chat and play with the dogs. We (I say “We” but really I mean “Ash”) made yummy food: chili, spicy cornbread, and the most amazing taco dip I have ever had. Seriously. It was so good that I was asked to write it down so we could make it later, and I figure I might as well write it down here so you can make it too (it really is that good)!
Beefy Taco Dip
1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
3/4 cup mayonnaise
1 pound ground beef
1 envelope taco seasoning
1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar or taco cheese
4 cups shredded lettuce
2 medium tomatoes, diced
1 small onion, diced
1 medium green pepper, diced
Directions: In a small mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, sour cream and mayonnaise until smooth. Spread on a 12 to 14 inch pizza pan or serving dish. Refrigerate for 1 hour. In a saucepan over medium heat, cook beef until no longer pink; drain. Add taco seasoning and tomato sauce; cook and stir for five minutes. Cool completely. Spread over cream cheese layer. Refrigerate. Just before serving, sprinkle with cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, onion and green pepper. Serve with chips. YIELD: 16-20 servings.
It says 16-20 servings for one plate, but there were eight of us demolishing two heaping plate fulls. Be advised that just one plate probably won’t be enough. It’s really good.
Other good things that happened today included Ash’s grandma giving me a really awesome Elvis bag. I’m not sure what I’m going to use it for, but it’s so cool looking. I can’t believe she just gave it to me. It made me super happy. And then I got a phone call that totally made my day – something is going to happen soon that I have been waiting for for almost eight years. I’m not going to say anything lest I jinx it, but trust me, it completely made my day and I can’t wait till it happens. I am so lucky.
So did anyone else catch the kid that was on Ellen last week? I had wanted to post something about him earlier, but we’ve had so much going on that I constantly forgot when I went to blog. Anyway, this kid, this 9-year-old boy, this smooth-talking, suave, toe head of a child, has written a best-selling book on…
Wait for it…
Talking to girls.
The New York Post has an article on him as well, complete with photographic evidence of him charming of the ladies. I don’t know about you, but I feel sorry for his mother when he hits puberty. Wow. Nine and he’s already a best-seller. Way to be a winner, kid, way to be.
Thank goodness I already have Ash, otherwise I might just need this book. Gotta remember, “Comb your hair and don’t wear sweats.”
Seriously. I found this years ago, but rediscovered it just now. Oh my god, I was laughing so hard I was crying. Freakin’ hilarious.
My favorite part is the guy in the background completely oblivious. Oh my god. Seriously funniest thing I have ever seen. Oh man. Can’t breathe.
Actually, just search Asian BSB on YouTube. Their videos are absolutely ridiculous and absolutely genius. I cannot stop laughing. Their facial expressions are just awesome.
Woke up to let the dog out. What did I see? THIS.
It’s October. I’m really not ready for this. And it’s still snowing. Mother Nature, did you really have to send the snow this early? Why?
I want to go south now.